- Self-catering cottage accommodation for 2 by the River Tees
- in Teesdale, County Durham
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Cosy accommodation with all required modern facilities
- Close to many local pubs & village amenities
Tucked away down a leafy lane by the upper reaches of the River Tees, ‘Riverdale Cottage’ is a Grade II listed building which was once an outbuilding of the local Gamekeepers cottage. This Victorian building was originally built around 1860. Then, in 1996, the property was lovingly renovated to provide a cosy one bedroomed detached cottage with romantic couples in mind.
Refurbished to a very high standard, this 4 star self-catering cottage has a sunny southwest facing lounge with French doors leading onto the garden, perfect for watching the sun go down. There’s also a fully fitted kitchen/diner, double bedroom with fitted furniture, new fully tiled bathroom with shower over bath, separate WC and full central heating and double glazing. Your own off-street car parking is a real bonus on market day, when being so close to all the activity means parking is at a premium on Wednesdays and holiday weekends.
Only a two-minute walk away is the town’s bustling Market Place, alive with the comings and goings of the local Dales folk. Although near the centre of activity, this cosy cottage is unique in being a haven of peace and quiet, only yards away from the banks of the River Tees and the medieval Castle walls. The property has been decorated and furnished to a high standard with every amenity you could wish for.
The secluded garden is a real suntrap and is an ideal place to sit out and watch the sun go down. If you are quiet, squirrels, rabbits and the wild doves may even come to join you. Walk out to Barnard Castle and you’ll find the centre of Dales life – a fantastic range of pubs, restaurants, museums, galleries and specialist shops are within a couple of minutes’ walk. One minute in the other direction and you are in Flatts Woods by the banks of the River Tees – great for walkers and ramblers.
- Free wi-fi access
- Fully fitted kitchen with:
- Electric fan-assisted oven with halogen hob
- Fridge freezer
- Washer dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- DVD player
- CD player/radio
- 32″ Flat Screen Digital TV in the lounge with DVD player.
- The bedroom has digital TV and DVD player.
- Hair dryer
- Extensive library of books DVDs and CDs.
- Garden furniture
- All linen, towels and gas/electricity is included in the price of your holiday.
- A small well behaved dog is allowed at an additional charge and by prior arrangement.
- Please note – smoking is not permitted in Riverdale Cottage.
Download a copy of our access statement (26kb pdf)